sábado, 28 de septiembre de 2013

IV Tail Bronze - La Breña

24 Hours La Breña is a self-sufficiency solidarity race. All collected money is to people in need. This money is managed by Puertas al Futuro Besides the money, the day of the race is possible to leave nonperishable food, such as rice, lentils, pasta, etc...

A runner can participate in two different modalities, 24 hours or just one lap. The length of the lap is almost 33 kilometres. In the modality 24 hours, the participant must be in the circuit for 24 hours and try to complete as many laps as he can.

After my first time in the 24 hours La Breña, which was three years ago, again I was going to be in the starting line. But on this occasion I will run just one lap.

The weather was bitter and damp, everybody was talking about how much water the clouds would release. At 09:00 on the dot, the race was kicked off.




As soon as the race had started, a waterspout did drop over our heads. I put the raincoat on quickly and kept running.


After 600 meters, the city of Barbate was left behind us and we went into the pine forest.


A long queue shaped by runners who kept a steady pace. This queue stretched slowly.


After 4 kilometers, I took my raincoat off because I was sweating too much and could become dehydrated. I kept a uniform pace during all the race, so that I could enjoy it. As always, I couldn´t stop talking and chatting with everybody. 

After one hour and half, I bumped into the first firewall and had to face up to it.


At the end of the steep I arrived at the Torre de Meca watchtower. This was the highest point.


I had already run almost 18 kilometers. From this point the arrival got closer bit by bit. 

A few meters later, It could watch the Trafalgar lighthouse and the small village, Caños de Meca.


Now, one of the most amazing landscapes came, the cliffs of Barbate.



Due to the fact that the day was cloudy the views weren't as beautiful as my first time, three years ago.

In the below picture shows the clear sky.


The race still kept a last surprise, the longest firewall.


After almost 33 kilometers, the finishing line was crossed.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario